Here is a quick WordPress Step-by-Step Tutorial that will help you get your new blog up and running.
I cut out the fluff and got straight to the point intentionally. If you are reading this then you, more than likely, already want to use WordPress and just need some help getting started with it. Well, here you go!
WordPress Step 1. Get Domain Name (www.yourawesome.com)
WordPress Step 2. Get Hosting
- Get a hosting account from Hostgator (as little as $3.95 a month!)
Not sure why you need Web hosting? Read this
WordPress Step 3. Watch video on installing WordPress on cpanel.
WordPress Step 4. Get Blog Theme
3 highly recommended WordPress Design companies:
- Woo Themes – Premium WordPress Themes (We use Woo Themes! They have both free and paid themes and they always have deals)
- Studio Press – Genesis Theme for WordPress
- DIY – Thesis Theme for WordPress
WordPress Step 5. Learn how to harness the power of WordPress!
- Download our Free WordPress eBook. It is a more in-depth tutorial for getting started with WordPress and will help you navigate this powerful blogging platform.
- Check out this series of WordPress Tutorial Videos for further help.
WordPress Step 6. Avoid rookie mistakes, start blogging the right way
If you would rather have someone else to do the technical work on your behalf, we would be more than happy to install WordPress for you. Check out our Free WordPress Installation Service
What’s a post without a little music!